Canada offers Hong Kong graduates new immigration pathways

Canada is set to roll out two other pathways to citizenship to Hongkongers later this year. The first will cover individuals with at least one year of work experience in Canada, while the other will allow graduates of Canadian post-secondary institutions to apply to become permanent residents directly. Applicants must graduate from a post secondary diploma or degree within the last five years that was at least two years in duration in Canada or abroad. If your qualifications are earned abroad, you must provide an Educational Credential Assessment from an organisation or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenships Canada to prove that the qualification is equal to in Canada.